Sanford, Fla., police Chief Bill Lee Jr., who bungled the investigation into the killing of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, temporarily stepped down today, a day after the City Commission voted 3-to-2 that it no longer had confidence in him. Lee, 52, said he was “keenly aware of the emotions associated with the tragic death of a child.” Really, Bill Lee? You’ve had a child shot down while minding his business (apparently talking to his girlfriend on his cell phone) and carrying candy and iced tea because a self-appointed neighborhood watch patrolman deemed him “suspicious”? Click here to read ABCNews story.
"There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you." ~ Maya Angelou
- "...please(!) stand up & reject the slander that says a black child w/ a book is trying to act white!" FLOTUS http://t.co/mpFtXq0QzB 1 week ago
- nat turner was a preacher 1 month ago
- 7:17: "some of yalll gon get this thing: i said, 'i know, i know, i know!'" youtu.be/dwysDcTKJmE 1 month ago
- my, my, my, ms. kim burell! burrel! youtu.be/dwysDcTKJmE 1 month ago
- happy sunday! youtu.be/dwysDcTKJmE after run at 7:33: "yall don't want none of this" 1 month ago
Looking for something?
The classic stuff, aka the archives